Monday, October 08, 2007

Episcopal Pups and Random Facts

Here, as promised, are some of the 96 photos I took for the Feast of St. Francis at St. Michael's today. The actual feast day was Thursday, but the parish always transfers it to the nearest Sunday, and invites us to bring in our pets to be blessed.



The liturgy began outside in front of the church. Dog owners, the choir and others staked out chairs and benches.

It's a very doggy parish.

The only cat receives his blessing.

Lining up for a blessing

A gerbil and a tarantula await their turns.

Tuffy in church.

Meanwhile, Georganna tagged me for the Random Facts meme. Pasting in the "rules" here:

The Rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
3. Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.

And the facts, not so much random as off the top of my head:
  1. I took a nap this evening, and then blew the benefit by staying up too late.
  2. I just watched An Unearthly Child, a.k.a. The Tribe of Gum, a.k.a. 100,000 BC - the first Doctor Who serial, from 1963.
  3. I used the "P" setting on my camera for the first time today, trying to compensate for backlighting and shadows from the trees.
  4. I occasionally have nightmares about tight, vertical crawl spaces.
  5. I hoped to get further along than I did in the plot of the fairy tale installment I posted over on Messages tonight.
  6. Once upon a time I had an 1865 book called The Cricket's Friends by Cousin Virginia, but my mom persuaded me to donate it to the Arents rare book collection of Bird Library.
  7. Although I often mention my Manlius, NY childhood, I actually lived in Dewitt until I was four.
  8. I'm fond of powers of 4, especially 16 and 64.
I don't believe in tagging others for memes: it's an imposition. But if you want to do it, pretend I've tagged you and leave a link to your entry, and I'll add it for the body of this posting.

Karen

No comments: