Wednesday, December 26, 2007

And the Only Disaster Was on TV

It's horrendously late, so I'm going to try to dash this off in five minutes. It seems unlikely, but that's the goal.

As John pointed out several times, it was a brown Christmas here - brown as in the color of the boxes from Amazon.com. Dad & Ruth pretty much saved Christmas for us with their generous selection from our wishlists. The ones shown here were on John's side of the tree. He did really well considering he claimed not to want anything. The only disappointment was that the iPod dock/clock radio I bought him wasn't compatible with his elderly version 3 iPod.

My side had only two brown boxes. I gather there's at least one more on backorder. It's not a huge hall so far, but I don't care, and what I did get was mostly all good stuff.


I went to church again, mostly because I was asked to serve at Mass. It gave me a change to reshoot the decorations by day. Some of the photos still aren't good, and I'm not sure why.

Tuffy wants to know what's in it for her. Pupperoni, perhaps?

Well, yes, but she has to submit to another photo op first.

We saw Enchanted, which was good, and Doctor Who: Voyage of the Damned through the usual mysterious means. It wasn't my favorite story ever (think Poseidon Adventure on the spaceship Titanic), but it has its moments. Dinner, which I cooked, came out well. No tears, no traumas, no complaints.

19 minutes. Phooey. Good night!

3 comments:

DesLily said...

awww Tuffy looks great! hehe

Glad your Christmas was a good one Karen!

Becky said...

Merry Christmas Charlie Brow...er...Karen! Sorry. That's the first thought I have when ever I see that tree. LOL! And thanks for the unexpected but welcomed email from Amazon! :-D Damn. I knew I should have sent you those pumpkin cookies. I see pumpkin anything and I have to fight the urge to order it up for you.

fdtate said...

Hope you had a great Christmas, Karen!

How long have you had that tree? I haven't seen an aluminum tree complete with color wheel since I was a wee tyke.