Thursday, February 14, 2008

Weekend Assignment Results: Love Stories

Gates Pass sunset, March 2005

Light turnout this week for Weekend Assignment #202: Love Story. Apparently people were either not enamored of love stotries, or too busy living out their own. Still, we have some good ones:

Julie: "One day she popped in for her Star Trek game, and there he was. The nerve! It was her time to zap Klingons!"

Saqib: "A love story that I found inspiring would be the tale of Laila El-Haddad. Her story is a real life drama set in the hostile city of Gaza."

Mike: "When I saw her actually enjoying some heavy metal music at a party one time, that was it. I was hooked."

Florinda: "Her response: "Call me tomorrow when you're sober and ask me again." He did, she accepted, and their own wedding took place the following June."

Karen: "After I posted the Weekend Assignment topic Thursday night, I had a related idea to do a love story quiz." Check the comments thread for the answers; Sarah has them all.

Thanks, folks! I hope you've all had a great Velentine's Day, with or without the lovey-dovey stuff. New Weekend Assignment to be posted momentarily.

2 comments:

Kiva said...

Those are lovely stories. Didn't have time to participate this week. However, I've left a link on my blog to direct everyone here for some "ahhhhs"

Kiva said...

FYI: The link to Saquib & Mike gave me Not Found Error 404 messages, but I found them anyway :0)