Hi there! After I posted the Weekend Assignment topic Thursday night, I had a related idea to do a love story quiz. Here it is. Can you name the couples described below, and the source of their stories?
1. He sees her on the dance floor: seventeen years old and already an incomparable beauty. He dances with her all night long, and with one look from her he knows he will soon be in love. He vows never to dance with anyone else.
2. He is the half-forgotten heir of an ancient line of kings, but her family history goes back even further. He is nearly 90 years old when he finally comes into his fame, with the appearance and vigor of a much younger man. She has lived for many centuries. After a terrible war, her family leaves for other lands, never to return, but she stays behind and becomes his queen. They enjoy over a century of love and peace together before he dies and she is left behind, soon to die herself.
3. They are reporters, rivals as well as friends. Of the two, she is the adventurous one. Somehow he seems just a little safe, a little square. She much prefers her mystery man, the clean cut hero who can do almost anything, and rescues her when she gets into trouble. Sometimes she wonders whether her boring friend and the mystery man are the same person.
4. They were married the day they met; not through their own choice, but because that was the way things were done. Now, one by one, their daughters are marrying for love. This leads him to wonder whether, in their quarter century together, she has learned to love him too. She wonders whether it's worth making a fuss about after all these years.
5. She lives on a planet that really shouldn't be there any more, and for a while all he knows about her is that she is beautiful, has a horrible brother, and has said the word "This" to him. He finds her again, by wildly improbable means. They go flying together, travel to America together, and read an important message together. Then he loses her forever.
6. They are business rivals, and bitter enemies. Her business is failing because of him; he considers her a "pill." They each confide online with a friend, knowing each other only by screen name, unaware that they have already met and dislike each other. When he learns the truth, he can't resist torturing her a little.
7. She is sent by her father to marry him, but is initially dubious until she meets him and they fall in love. Trouble arrives in the form of his best friend, a brash and earnest young warrior. She initially dislikes the friend, but later comes to love him. They do their best not to betray her husband, but eventually they are caught together and she is condemned to death. He husband is as pleased as anyone when his erstwhile friend rescues her, even as their idyllic kingdom crumbles.
Oh, that's enough for tonight, dontcha think?
If you decide to do your own Name That Love Story quiz, leave me a link in comments, and Ill add it to the Weekend Assignment roundup entry. Thanks!