Friday, August 08, 2008

Weekend Assignment Results: Good News, in Short Supply

Last week for Weekend Assignment #227: Gimme Some Good News!, I tried to counteract the misery of my dog's illness by asking you to tell us some good news. Tuffy was dead less than 24 hours later, but four of you strained to find us some silver linings and half-full glasses:


Julie said...

Wow. I'll have to stretch for that. I finally got the WordPress theme on the new site working as well as I can hope at this point.


Florinda said...

My good news is really nothing big, but it's something that made me smile - and I get to pay it forward, too! The above award was bestowed on this blog by Just A Reading Fool, who is anything but a fool, if I may say so!

Among other recipients, Florinda passed the award on to Mike...

Mike said...

This might not be good news to most people, but it is to us. We finally had some work done on our yard last week. We got rid of one big tree, a small tree and several bushes of varying sizes.... Another piece of good news comes from a fellow Weekend Assignment friend. Florinda was nice enough to give me the following award (you may have read this in her post). How cool is that!

Among other recipients, Mike passed the award on to me! More on that in my next entry.

Sarah said in comments...

On Sunday I *will* have the good news that I am done with one more semester of library school! But until then, must work like horse!


Kiva (who forgot to leave a comment!) said...

The good news for today is that my BFF has returned from China safe and sound. She went over there a couple of weeks ago to join a tour that was going to document the full eclipse that could only be seen in a remote part of China. She returned with a lousy cold, but that's her usual MO when she goes on a trip by herself.

Good enough for me, and of course my lousy news from Friday has been offset a bit by the arrival of the new dog, who is an absolute joy. So that's my good news, aside from the award.

The new Weekend Assignment will follow shortly. Do you think it may have something to do with internet awards? Could well be!

Karen

No comments: