Thursday, March 29, 2007

The UFO on the ceiling

It's been another night of goofing off. In other words, I mostly watched Doctor Who all night. Do you ever get caught up in watching a whole season of some favorite show on DVD? Well, that's what's happening with me right now. I've watched the Tenth Doctor's first season rather a lot lately, and now I'm watching the Ninth Doctor's shows. There are some awfully good ones in there. Tonight I watched Dalek, and The Long Game, and Father's Day. Father's Day is the best of the whole season. I watched it twice tonight, once without commentary, once with.


Aside from some IM sessions, buying fish tacos and washing some forks, my only other accomplishments tonight were planning my next Ficlet and shaking up a can of primer. The primer is a special kind that's supposed to be good for covering water stains. As you can see, John put it on both the wall and in certain spots on the ceiling.


The ceiling shot above (how appropriate!) isn't very true to life, but that's what I like about it. The camera and the photo editing software decided among themselves that my ceiling should be blue. It's really white, but I like the effect. The oval of light ends up looking a bit like a flying saucer.

Next step is more painting, and John's going to put up molding. After that we'll take up the carpeting, probably cutting it up for easy removal. If the rest of the tile is in good shape like the bits of it we've seen, we'll rent a buffer/polisher or something, clean it, and keep it. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway. Once that's done, we finally get to build my new desk.

Tomorrow night is another Weekend Assignment. I'll try to write something more interesting then. Meanwhile, it's time to sleep the sleep of the sleepy. Good night!

No comments: