Thursday, July 14, 2011

EMPS: Gone the Rainbow

When Carly announced that this week's Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot was about Rainbows, I thought, "Great timing! The monsoon has started, and it's raining almost every day here. All I have to do is keep my camera with me and watch the sky on my way home from work."

Then the monsoon weather in Arizona went away for a bit. Today there was not a cloud in the sky. Foiled again!

So here are two rainbows from past monsoons, as found in my files:


Jun 26, 2009. A Double!


Jul 16, 2010

As best I can tell, I've never posted either of those shots before, although I did edit them at the time.

If the monsoon comes back by Sunday, I'll add something new. I really did see a rainbow just the other day - but I was driving and it was gone two minutes later. D'oh! It was a really faint one anyway.

Meanwhile, there's this variation on the theme:


Air Show - Mar 17, 2010

This is one of the shots I took while trying to photograph planes as they flew over Calle Mumble during an air show in 2010. The planes I'm trying to follow with the camera frequently go "climbing high, into the Sun," as the Air Force Song puts it, with colorful results!


Air Show - Mar 17, 2010

And this is the next shot I took that day. At Carly's suggestion, I've put an SFX frame around it.

Karen

1 comment:

Jama said...

I love your rainbow shot!