Saturday, July 30, 2011

EMPS: Citrus - in the Fridge and in the Yard

For the Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot #134, Carly wants to see Citrus Fruit, specifically our most and least favorites. My favorite, Clementines, are a little hard to come by this time of year, but here's what's on hand:


Limes for John's juice fast.


My citrus of choice, most of the time.


I've been cutting back on soda, even though I only drink diet, and experimenting with water and flavored water. This is an orange flavored water, lit by orange light. It's not as good as Diet Sunkist or Diet Crush. I'm not sure it's even better than basic Arrowhead water.


We've been working on having home-grown citrus. John planted this tangerine tree about two years ago. Tangerines were my favorite until I discovered clementines.


This grapefruit tree, planted within a month or so of the tangerine one, barely survived last winter. It replaces a mature grapefruit tree that died about four or five years ago. I'm not a fan of grapefruit. At all.

Karen

2 comments:

Jama said...

I'm not a big fan of grapefruit either, but oranges I could have them daily.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen. Long time no hear... I'm kind of out of the photo link now, unfortunately and only a camera phone lol. Don’t know if you remember me but I used to read your blog. I am making some cool Tie Dye Cross-stitch Art and am trying to get the word out (I don’t have much traffic as of yet) You can check out my link to my Etsy Shop on my blog if your interested. Hope all is well and I enjoyed stopping in again.