Friday, April 10, 2009

Weekend Assignment #262: New Again

Let's get right to this week's topic:



Weekend Assignment #262: Spring, and especially Easter, is a time of renewal, of new life after a time of darkness and decay (think of the long nights, and all those fallen leaves!). What is new - or renewed in your life this spring?

Extra Credit: Is spring cleaning part of your family's annual routine?


I'm going to make my own answer uncharacteristically brief for now, although I may expand upon it later. I have a friend - never mind who - with whom I had a quarrel around Christmas. Since then I haven't managed to make myself go see her, partly because I was angry, but mostly because I was ashamed of myself, for arguing and for staying away so long. I'm determined to go see her today, to put things right and renew our friendship. Wish me luck.

And spring cleaning? Um, no. We do occasionally do major cleaning projects - and when I say "we," I mostly mean John - but they're not annual or seasonal.

Your turn! Are you planting new flowers in your garden? Starting a new job? Renovating a bathroom? Darning socks? Whatever it is, please tell us about it in your blog, and be sure to leave a link to this blog in your entry, and a link to your entry in the comments below. I'll be back in a week with the results. Meanwhile...

For Weekend Assignment #261: Have You Done Your Homework?, I asked about your promptness, or lack thereof, in doing homework assignments and other tasks, then and now. Only two of you got this assignment done on time:

Julie said...

Oh, it depended on the assignment and how I felt about the class. Some assignments I couldn't wait to dig into. Some wouldn't get done until the last minute. And the reason varied. I tend to spit stuff our better when I've studied for a test at the last minute, so there was a LOT of that going on. Some things (like my law classes) required three or for readings before the material would soak in, so the sooner I got started, the more times I'd be able to read the assignment.

Mike said...

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I never did my homework early. Oh, it's due on April 25th? Okay, I'll start it on the 23rd. I'll have plenty of time. Of course, when I actually start it on April 24th, well that "plenty of time" turns into: holy crap this is a big project! Why?! Why, didn't I start it sooner? Why?!!!!

I'm still running low on "guest professor" suggestions for these Weekend Assignments, so I ask again: please, please, please email me some new ones. Thanks!

Karen

5 comments:

barrettmanor said...

Funny you should mention cleaning... http://www.barrettmanor.com/julie/archive.aspx?ID=2538

Kiva said...

I wish you lots of luck. I wish that I had done that when I was younger. Go for it.

LKW said...

http://ytbn.blogspot.com/2009/04/karen-asks-in-this-weekend-assignment.html

And I probably shouldn't have taken the time to write this, either, but I need some time in which I'm not working!

Florinda said...

Not much is really new for spring around here, or not enough to make a decent blog post, at any rate. I am planning to do some weeding out of the closets over the next few weeks, but since we moved less than six months ago, there's not much else in the way of "spring cleaning" we'll need to do this year either - we purged a lot then.

Mike said...

I hope you were able to get in touch with your friend.

My post is up.