Thursday, April 16, 2009

EMPS: Ready for My Close-Ups

For Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot: #33: Up Close!, Carly is looking to see some closeups. For some reason my first instinct was to photograph small things up close, such as toy cars and troll dolls and china dogs; but ultimately I decided that wasn't the best approach to this particular concept. (They weren't the world's greatest shots, either.) Here's some of what I ended up with instead:



Slightly out of focus, here's a printed Easter egg. I don't think it's technically papier mache, but it's some kind of strong cardboard at least.



This is a small portion of the curtain covering the sliding glass doors in our den. I've saturated the shot so you have sorta-kinda almost see the fence and empty pool outside.




Well, I've got to have a close-up of at least one of the dogs, haven't I? Pepper kept moving at the wrong moment, but I got a couple shots of Cayenne that I love.



Cayenne again, being exceptionally cute.



I thought there was a mouse scrabbling around my office Tuesday night, but it turned out to be this lizard. I captured him in a Tucson Toros cup, carried him outside, and took advantage of his fear-inspired immobility to take some pictures. For some reason I haven't figured out, most of the shots were insanely blurry.



Carly also asked for a photo of something we would normally never think of photographing. How about paper products in our hall closet?

Still not quite ready to get back to my routine, but Thursday night or Friday morning I should have the Weekend Assignment as usual. If you thought about writing on this week's topic, Weekend Assignment #262: New Again, but haven;t yet done so, you have a little less than a day to get it done. Thanks!
Karen

5 comments:

Carly said...

Hi Karen

Always nice to see the very photogenic red dog! What a cutie! Love the screen, but I could live without the lizard. Blech. Yikes. I am not nearly as brave as you. If I had found one in my office, I would have spent the day standing on my desk chair, yelling... no... SCREAMING like the big girl that I am! LOL. Can you imagine that? LOL. Go ahead laugh, it's funny... see... :) I'm laughing! It's way too true though!

Good job with the theme.

Carly

Jan AKA Wammy said...

I travels thru all you shots and I hear myself saying ahhhh, ooooo, then I smile. Nice collection for the challenge.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great photos, I would never have thought about the paper products either.. cute Lizard..but better lookin' dog!

Suzanne R said...

I like Cayenne's photos best, but then I'm an animal lover. I even feel the lizard is okay although I don't know how I would react if I were the one finding it. LOL! Nice close-ups, even of the paper supplies! LOL!

Mike said...

That lizard is well camouflaged. I don't know if I would have been able to find it I went looking for it. :)