Sunday, May 03, 2009

What the Heck Is That?!



The sun is setting as we head for the dog park, and...what the heck is that?

Align Center

A large portion of the sky is filled with dark spots of...something. Is it a flock of birds? No. What then? Let's take a closer look:



I don't actually know for sure what all this junk in the sky actually is, although I have a strong suspicion based on something I saw a few blocks later. I'm interested to hear your theories before I tell you what I eventually saw. Meanwhile, here's one more shot. I don't know why the colors come out as they did. The photo is completely unedited except to resize and sharpen:



Come to think of it, I shot that one through the car window. Interesting effect, though.

I've barely started making the rounds on the latest Round Robin. It will take a while, but I promise to get to everyone this time - and catch up on commenting on previous RR and EMPS entries. Meanwhile, good night!

Karen

3 comments:

Call me Paul said...

At first I thought it was just dirt on your windshield, but the close up view shows it to be balloons. Lots of 'em.

Mike said...

Was it a promo for the movie, "UP"? :)

Jama said...

That's a lot of balloons! must be for some kind of event?