Friday, November 30, 2007

Instead of...I'm about to....

It was much more cloudy than this today.

Aside from watching old Doctor Who Confidential episodes from 2005, and researching what series writer/executive producer Russell T Davies has said about a character named Adam Mitchell, I've mostly been hanging around tonight waiting for John Scalzi to post the Weekend Assignment. He's posted a notice that the thing is delayed, and my brain can't afford for me to give up any more sleep waiting for it. Ah, well. That's the price of giving up my ridiculous insistence on posting my Weekend Assignment entry every Thursday night, even if Scalzi hasn't done his part yet. Sometimes he just can't get to it on schedule, and I have to fend for myself that night. He's up against a Deadline Doom on a book, and apparently dealing with some other time crunch tonight as well, so we'll just have to forgive him!

Speaking of Doctor Who (and I promise not to go on and on about it tonight), I finally got my commercial copy of the Series 3 CD on Wednesday the 28th, 17 days after I ordered it and two days after it was mailed. The online order tracking page still says my order is on hold and will be shipped in one to two weeks! It will probably say that forever. Call that customer service? 'Cause I don't. The wait wasn't horrible, considering it's an import, but the lack of accurate, up to date info from the vendor fully earns them the negative review I posted on Yahoo before the CD arrived.

I've also been waiting two days to get approved to join the forum on Outpost Gallifrey, but that's understandable. I bet they're swamped right now, as fans gear up for the Christmas special and search for any tidbit of news about that and Series Four. (Hi, Shaun! Remember me?)

In the world beyond Wikipedia and Doctor Who, I did finish my edit on Chapter One of Heirs, at least until my beta readers get a look at it and I get brave about giving it another whack. The scenes after the initial sequence seem okay, so I didn't do much with them. They're all of much more recent vintage than the stuff with Rani at the river, which builds upon what I first wrote back in 1974 or so. I'm still a little concerned how long it takes to get to the moment of crisis, but we'll see what other people think.

Aside from that, I've got to take something for the digestive inconvenience that's been plaguing me for a day and a half, do dishes as promised, and go to bed. Meanwhile, um, let me see if I can find a nice picture that I haven't already posted. It was rainy most of the day, and I didn't actually see anything much worth photographing, except for an experiment I'm saving for tomorrow night. See you then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I apologize for not having visited yor beta site of Heirs... I haven't done much reading for pleasure, and it seems to coincide with the beginning of the school year. I miss that freedom to read whatever and whenever I want... which I gave up along with dream recall... aagh! I suspected that would happen as school monopolizes so much of time, even out of classroom time. I'm not complaining, but it is a fact of life I still haven't adjusted to, and I never give up thinking that there is a way. After all, I do make time to respond to journal entries, and to write my own, so it is possible! Hope your tummy gets to feeling better, and looking for your experiment photo.