Friday, June 08, 2007

A Scrapbook of Impossible Travels

Weekend Assignment #169: Do something creative with a photo to make it look different and unusual. For those of you with Photoshop or some other photo editor, you can use filters and other techniques to do this. If you don't have a photo editing program, you might look at some of these online photo editors out there, some of which allow you fiddle quite a bit with your photos. If you'd like you can also post the original, unaltered photo so people can compare and contrast. Extra Credit: How old were you when you got your first camera?

Okay, this is just the first installment of a series of entries, assuming I don't give up in frustration or distraction. It's taken me way past when I planned to go to bed, and it didn't come out as well as I'd hoped,largely because I couldn't find the effect I wanted to use.


I've probably mentioned A Journal of Impossible Things from the two recent Doctor Who episodes, in which John Smith records and draws what he remembers of his dreams of being the Doctor. It occurred to me tonight that I have my own such journal, the leather-bound notebook in which I've written about Jace and Joshua Wander and King Jor and a number of characters whose named don't start with J. I thought I'd edit in some photos, converted into drawings as an equivalent to Smith's charcoal sketches. But I couldn't find the effects filter I'm sure I've used before, so everything came out more photgraphic than drawn. So here instead is a two-page spread from my Scrapbook of Impossible Travels.

And here are some of the component pictures:



I escape a black hole.

I am an alien Preceptor.
I've befriended a Dalek.


I got my Dad's hand-me-down camera in seventh grade, I think. It was a light plastic thing. By then he had an Instamatic. My second camera was a Poloroid One Step.

More later....

Karen

More Pictures from A Scrapbook of Impossible Travels

No comments: