Wednesday, January 03, 2007

35 and Counting

No, that's not a joking reference to my age. I'll be 50 in March, and I'm fine with that. No, that's the current count of unread emails on this screen name. At one point last week it was 165. When this entry posts it will be 36.

Mostly over the last few days I've caught up the AOL Alerts, deleted all the "Today in the Tucson Citizen" alerts (and unsubscribed from same), mucked about with my LiveJournal Friends list, and gone through one, count 'em, one, FeedBlitz alert. That last isn't as hopeless as it sounds. I used it as a means to unsubscribe from two feeds - one from someone I doubt has ever visited Outpost, and one BlogSpot mirror of an AOL Journal I read on the AOL side. (Hi, Pat!) I also went through every Making Light entry in the past 25 days or so, continuing a few conversations long after everyone else had left the party. The one whose threaded comments had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe was basically a collection of silly or out-of-context disclaimers. I added a few of my own at the end, including this one from a bowl I've been using in the microwave oven for years: "May become hot in microwave." Almost as much fun, for those of us who aren't overly fond of GWB's Presidency, is this collection of bumper sticker slogans. I particularly liked the subtle reference to a Doctor Who Christmas special, although it's a slight misquote.

You want me to do what? Forget it! Hands off!

Unfortunately, just doing that much (and deleting a few miscellaneous emails unread) took all evening, and I haven't even gotten to the Round Robin blog yet to RSVP - first time in a year and a half I haven't done so right away. Let's rectify that right now. Ooh...good one! The next Round Robin topic is "Magic"! You know that's right up my alley. Not so much rabbits and hats and three card monte and swords through beautiful assistants - not that there's anything wrong with that! - but The Magic of Mâvarin, and perhaps also the magic of photographic trickery. Yeah, this is going to be a fun one, I think! Be sure to RSVP if you'd like to play along.


"But that trick never works!"


Time to go. Catch you tomorrow!

Karen

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

2 comments:

DesLily said...

say what? you deleted me? lol.. j/k I know you still have the other one lol..

awww cute rabbits!!!

you just have too much email lady!!

Becky said...

Hey Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! LOL I wonder if I can come up with something for the photo challenge. Hmm...

Happy New Year!