Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Pretty Big Rocks

Your Monday Photo Shoot: You know what you think is pretty. Show us. It can be a person, a place, or thing, just as long as the primary reaction you (and hopefully others) get from seeing it is, my, that's pretty. It's so simple that your major difficulty, I expect, will be narrowing down the field to one thing.

Do you know where this is?

That's right: Sedona! I think this may be called Bell Rock.

Double-click each photo to view larger.

In an effort to find something really nice that a) isn't a sunset and b) I haven't posted before, I went all the way back to my April 2006 trip to Sedona, Arizona. As you may recall, I was on my way to Los Alamos, NM - but Sedona is prettier. The following three shots were "also rans" back in April, not quite as good as the ones I did post. But I did a little work on them tonight (mostly darkened them a bit) in PhotoStudio 5.5, which (you may also recall) I got fairly recently with purchase of a new scanner/printer.

Most interesting spam text of the night:

Any bowling ball can figure out a financial spider, but it takes a real razor blade to seek a mating ritual. If a surly pork chop dances with a boiled grizzly bear, then the tape recorder around a stovepipe dies. Now and then, a judge near a tripod borrows money from a minivan defined by the bottle of beer. Another financial photon, the umbrella, and another somewhat polka-dotted CEO are what made America great!

Sounds like a Madlib, doesn't it?

It's late, late, late, and I'm going to bed. Good night!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

1 comment:

Carly said...

Lovely photos :) I think I might like to see Sedona one day. Especially with you as a guide. As for the SPAM, it reminds me of this...

"Dogs barking, can't fly without umbrella." Ring a bell? Here's a hint... It's a gas, gas, gas. LOL.