Sunday, November 13, 2011

EMPS: A Harvest of Hangers

Carly's topic this week for the Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot this week was Happy Harvest, and she allowed for metaphorical harvests. That's good, because my photo of John's box of pomegranates would be really boring! Instead let me show you what I've been up to this weekend.

New clothes, one size down.

At the end of July I went on a low carb diet, part of getting my life and health in order while I still have time. For the first time, I had a diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, which I didn't have when my weight was lower. I've lost 35 pounds since then, and counting. On Friday I decided that I'd earned the right to get a new, smaller pair of pants and get rid of the ones I was wearing. I also bought a few new tops.

Starting to refill the closet after emptying it out.

But what about the clothes I had already? Surely there was something I'd dieted down into. It was time to take a look!

Friday night I started going through my clothes, sorting into too big and/or stained and/or worn out (get rid), too small (box up in boxes labeled Summer 2012) and stuff that fits now or is about to fit (hang up or put in a drawer). Most of the clothes in my closet, it turned out, were in the category "It was too small but now it fits, just about!" But it had been so long since I'd tried them on that they had dust on top of them!


So I pulled them out and started doing lots of laundry. And you know what I ended up with? Piles of clothes, yes...


...but also a harvest of hangers!

It got even more full of hangers later that evening.

Look! A bushel basket of harvested hangers!

Karen

3 comments:

Jama said...

Great idea Karen, I love it!

I've tons of clothes which I can still fit in , just that some of them I don't wear as often as I used to. Since shops are around me, I have the tendency to shop a lot! lol

Carly said...

Excellent!

There is nothing like treating oneself to new clothes, especially after dieting! Good job!

:) Carly

barrettmanor said...

Congratulations on the weight loss, Karen! I think some of your pounds have migrated to my hips. ;-)