Friday, October 14, 2011

I am the 99%.

Despite my accounting degree, I can’t get a permanent job in this economy. I worked for a mortgage company and it went bankrupt. I worked for an RV dealer when gas was $4 a gallon, and it went bankrupt. I worked for a travel agency for 12 years before that, and it later went the way of the buggy whip. Most recently I was part of a massive layoff at a company that had a big downturn in business. Now I work about 8 hours a week at my church, and I’m grateful to have that job. Half of my pay goes to student loans.

I am the 99%.

Karen

1 comment:

barrettmanor said...

I'm so sorry this has happened to you again. And it burns me up when people say the answer is to get a job. If it were that easy, you - and thousands of others - would be gainfully employed right now.

(Captcaha word: parnic. As in "Don't?" ;-)