Monday, May 09, 2011

Clearly I need a long drive North and West


visited 38 states (76%)
Create your own visited map of The United States

Some of these places I barely remember, but I've been there, all up and down the East and the Southwest. (Okay, okay, I'm only 80% sure of Vermont.) But for many years I've wanted to drive north from Santa Barbara California (as far north as I've been in Calif.) and keep going, all the way to Alaska. And I want to see Utah, and the Dakotas and all the rest. Will I ever make it? My mental Magic Eight Ball says either "Cannot predict now" or "Don't count on it!"


visited 17 countries (7.55%)
Create your own visited map of The World

My world travel stats, by contrast, are decidedly pathetic. So much more of the world to see, if only I had the time and money!

Thanks to Ruth the Scrabblequeen for the map link!

Karen

4 comments:

barrettmanor said...

I'd just be happy for a vacation.

Scrabblequeen said...

Well, you beat me on the world as well as in the US. I've only been to just under 5% of the world...and have missed a couple of continents entirely!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Aw, heck - I've only been to two continents myself!

Jama said...

You can barely see my country in the map, it's just a red dot!!I can travel from east to west under 1 and half hour. But travel northward and I ended up in another country the Malaysia!