Sunday, February 06, 2011

EMPS: My Doggie Friends

This week's Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot #110: Friendship was a little tricky for me. I tend to be shy about taking pictures of humans, except as part of my photography for St. Michael's. Fortunately, Carly mentioned that the friends in the photos didn't have to be humans. This leaves me free to make one of my periodic attempts at my favorite photographic subjects: Cayenne and Pepper, my doggie friends!

From Trouble Dogs

Pepper and Cayenne both like to hang out with us on the couch, which can be a problem. There just isn't room on the couch for two humans plus two dogs. Sometimes when John goes to get something from the kitchen, he returns to find Cayenne or (more often) Pepper ensconced in his place! Also, they're even worse about knocking the cover off the couch than I am.


One of their favorite pastimes is to run outside and bark, either because the dogs next door are barking, or someone is in the alleyway, or one of the neighborhood cats turns up. This can be a problem when I'm trying to sleep, or when John is trying to keep the laundry room door shut because it's cold outside, and thereby keeps the dogs in as well.


Generally the dogs get on really well with each other, licking each other's faces, following each other in and out, and even lying on top of each other. However, Cayenne is definitely top dog. She will harry Pepper, momentarily blocking her from coming inside.



Still, it's definitely a strong friendship, as such things go, with each other as well as with the human members of the family!

Karen

3 comments:

Carly said...

Hi Karen :)

LOL... I love your choice of friends. My two best friends, Dylan and Hendrix are some of the best people I know. Yep, they are people...tiny furry peeps. I had to laugh about what you said about the couch being stolen by the doggies. Hendrix LOVES to steal my desk chair. He has this whole PSYCHOKITTY routine. I have been meaning to video it for uploading to YouTube. It's too funny! Good show! Always love seeing the chums!

-Carly

Jama said...

And don't forget , they are your best friends too! :D

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading about your dogs, I know my dog is one of my best friends too.