Monday, April 09, 2007

The More Things Change...


...the more I realize that there will still be lots of #703 boxes in my life for the foreseeable future.

As you can see, there are fewer bankers' boxes in the den tonight; but that's just part of the story. We did go through a number of boxes today and whittle things down, with lots of stuff tossed or recycled or boxed up to be sold or given away. But we didn't get rid of the boxes.
Far from it.


See? A lot of them have gone back into my office, many of them to be placed on junky shelving that used to be in the den. We won't we unpacking much of it, because we're not done setting things up and moving things around.


Over the last few days we've also put the new desk where the old desk was, bisecting the room down the center. It makes the room more cramped, but it can't be helped. I need the storage, including the shelving those boxes are on, which is back to back with the desk.

We think the new desk has more space for things than the old one had, though, and the extra shelves should help, as will the fact that we've gotten rid of a ton of stuff, and moved some of the rest into boxes of things to be sold or given away.

I was going to write about Easter today, and Holy Week, and the fact that every year I feel I've let Lent slip by without learning and doing and feeling what I should. But I just didn't feel up to writing all that tonight. Catch you tomorrow night.

Karen

LATER: John just clued me in to the fact that this entry was riddled with wrong words and other typos. Sorry about that - I must have been very tired when I typed it, and I didn't go back and proofread. I'll try to do better in the future!

No comments: