Wednesday, February 01, 2006

RR: Tuffy Toro: Take Two

Listen, I wasn't very satisfied with the Tuffy pictures I posted last night. In attempting to get pictures that were both a) silly and b) previously unposted, I settled for a few too many blurry pictures of Tuffy-in-motion. So let's try this again, shall we?

It's not as though I haven't had any practice photographing Tuffy - or, for that matter, posting her pictures. There are 53 Tuffy shots on mavarin.com alone. Add anything I've posted to AOL or Blogger, and, well, that's a lot of Tuffy!

And now here's more of the same. This first one was an experiment for John Scalzi's Monday Photo Shoot a week and a half ago. I didn't use it because I went with the sepia Wild West stuff instead. Still, I think it came out pretty well. It's not at all silly, though.



Here's Tuffy looking a bit like a cat, what you can see of her, which isn't much. This was taken at dusk toward the end of the monsoon this past summer.


Tuffy vaguely wonders whether there's anything interesting in my purse. She didn't actually sniff it, though. Unlike the late Noodle the Trouble Dog, who was a serious trash hound, Tuffy doesn't generally get into stuff she shoudn't.


Okay, you want silly? Here's the most silly-looking Tuffy picture I have. But all she's doing is trying to eat something.


Thursday morning update:

Speaking of silly animals, a sparrow got into our house sometime yesterday afternoon. It's been hiding out in our storage room, which is piled so full of boxes and furniture that we can't get to the window to let the bird out. This morning I went into my bathroom next to the storage room, and the bird was zipping wildly back and forth between the medicine cabinet mirror and the closed window. I tried to trap it in the bathroom long enough to get the window open, but it escaped back into the storage room. Still, I opened the bathroom window, and left it open. Maybe when I come home, the sparrow will have found its way out - or, maybe, another bird will have joined it.Click the Robin for more info!

Click here for Round Robin info!

Oh, and the next Round Robin Photo Challenge topic has been announced! This time out, it's "Laisser le Bon Temps Rouler" (Let The Good Times Roll), as chosen by Tess of First Digital Photos. Click on the Robin (or the link above) for more full details on this cool topic, and on how you can join in on the good times.

Karen

1 comment:

Becky said...

That last Tuffy photo...I feel a funny caption nagging at the back of my mind. Tuffy looks like he's saying something wry and sarchastic. Hmm. Ah well. Maybe it will come to me later. ;-)