Saturday, March 27, 2004

Mâvarin, Illustrated; Thought for the Day


Saturday, March 27, 2004
12:03:00 AM MST
Feeling Happy





Mâvarin, Illustrated

(note updated picture of Del/Carli above)

Woo-hoo! Suddenly I've got text controls! Maybe I can go back and do my Otherworld entries in color now.

Above are a couple of preliminary versions of Mâvarin character portraits I commissioned sf/fantasy artist Sherlock (Sherry Watson) to do for www.mavarin.com. I just got them by email today.

In other news, I learned today that Sarah Kishler, one of the froodiest people on the Prodigy Hitchhiker's Guide boards a decade ago, has a short story collection on i-Universe, called Spark Stories. I ordered it on Amazon today, because I like Amazon and they have my address already.

Karen




Written by mavarin.
This entry has 0 comments

(Note: the two pictures were originally shrunk down into a tiny YGP box.)

Tuesday, March 30, 2004
9:47:00 AM MST




Thought for the Day

A propos of a large number of George W Bush's policies, I offer this quotation from my old literary hero and acquaintance, Harlan Ellison:

<<...After all, there was a war on. But wasn't there always?>>

from "'Repent, Harlequin!' Said the Ticktockman,"
Paingod and Other Delusions


More quotes on my recommended authors page: http://www.mavarin.com/authors.html

and my favorite quotes page:

http://mavarin.com/quotes.html

Karen

[The last link has been updated to being on mavarin.com instead of AOL. Links at the bottom of that page will be changed as I get everything moved over.]

Written by mavarin.
This entry has 0 comments

Tuesday, March 30, 2004
1:18:00 PM MST
Feeling Happy
Hearing NPR





Obsessing About Rani
He's on my desktop at work, and he'll be on my desktop (along with the other Mâvarin characters) when I get home tonight. He's Rani Fost, the protagonist of Mages of Mâvarin, beautifully drawn by the well-known sf/fantasy artist Sherlock. Read about Rani (and see a bigger version of the picture!) at http://www.mavarin.com/ranifost.html.

Karen


Written by mavarin.
This entry has 0 comments.

Thus ended March, 2004 on Musings from Mâvarin. And thus ends my first evening of moving all this stuff to Blogspot. - KFB

No comments: