Thursday, June 26, 2008

Weekend Assignment Results: What We're Drinking


Last week for Weekend Assignment #221, I took note of the coming of summer thirst and asked what people like to drink. The answers came in a variety of flavors, but tea is strongly represented. Click on the names below to see the full entries:

Bea said...

I prefer making my own iced tea. I control the sweetness of it, the freshness, and quality of it. But I don't often make iced tea at home because if I did, I'd be drinking it all the time.

Jama said...

Like Karen I don't drink alchohol and coffee,but on a daily basis, I must have hot milo (chocolate malt drink), while reading the morning newspaper. I like wake up earlier than the rest of the family so that I can have an uninterrupted reading , while sipping the hot beverage and whatever simple meals I prepared for myself. Most of the time, it's just milo to kickstart the day.

Julie said in comments...

Too much coffee, apparently, since I'm up at this hour. Yet, I haven't had any of the stuff since about 10:00 yesterday morning. Perhaps the mere thought of coffee is keeping me awake. ;-)

Duane said...

My drink of choice is usually that old Southern specialty, ice-cold sweet tea. I drink it all the time -- day or night, winter or summer. I much prefer the homemade variety, but will occasionally drink a bottle of Lipton or Nestea, a poor substitute.

Florinda said...

I am a huge water drinker, one of the annoying people rarely seen without a bottle of water in hand. That doesn't mean I drink "bottled water," though; I'll buy a six-pack of bottles periodically, but I have a tap-water filter attachment on my kitchen faucet and I refill and re-use the bottles from there. I probably re-use the bottles too often, if you worry about leaching plastic, but I've decided not to think too much about that.

Kiva said...

Tea! I normally drink about four cups of it in the morning without lemon. Since I am congested, I'm adding a spritz of lemon this week. Sometimes I twirl in a splash of honey. If I'm totally miserable, I stir in a jigger of Grand Marnier. I guess I'm just slightly sick since all I crave is a bit of lemon.

Mike said...

For me, it depends on where I am and what I am doing, as I guess it would be with most people. At work I drink water for the most part. I usually buy one bottle and refill it over the course of a week or two, rinse and repeat. Most people at work wouldn't dream of drinking the water out of the drinking fountain, but I don't find it to be bad. If I get some kind of heavy metal poisoning, I'll just sue. That's what we do, am I right? I'm just kidding of course. (Anyone know a good injury lawyer?)

Sarah said...

As far as alcoholic ones, I like fruity adult beverages with vodka in them, like cosmopolitans and fruit martinis (I just learned from Wikipedia that martini purists insist that martinis must have gin in them, not vodka, but whatever. I like vodka). I also like an occasional glass of wine, not that I know all sorts of things about it like, say, Frasier and Niles. I started out preferring red but at some point, for some reason, I started to favor chardonnay. I also like the "hard" versions of cider and lemonade.


Nice job, folks! You inspired me to have a cup of tea last night, and again today! Now I'm back to diet root beer.

The new Weekend Assignment topic will be posted shortly.

Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I see in your photo the decaf version of Constant Comment. Very good! Now think of all those antioxidants you could be introducing into your body if you drank one cup EVERY night... and did I emphasize, for you sleepless person, the decaf variety??? I tried Earl Grey for evening relaxation because it is a decaf variety...but you have to acquire a taste for Earl Grey. Jean-Luc, as you know, drank Earl Grey... I always loved his voice when he ordered his cup of tea... actually, I loved his voice when he ordered anything.