Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm Going to Disneyland!

No, not immediately. But Sara and Sarah and I have been planning a trip for months, and for a while it looked as though they would have to go without me. But I'm working again, and we got some good news today that I won't be sharing with you, and the bottom line is, I can go after all!

No point in waiting at the station

The only downside is that I can't take the train as I'd hoped. The train from Tucson to L.A. leaves Saturday night, not Friday, and returns Sunday afternoon. I would have to return on the same physical train, probably, three hours after it arrived. That's clearly useless to me. The Amtrak schedule just isn't designed for weekend trips out of Tucson. Darn it!

A Jolly Holiday for sure!

But still. I'm going! I haven't been to Disneyland in nearly two years (I know; I feel more deprived than I really am), but that's not the main point. See, I've known Sara and Sarah online since 1991 or 1992, before I'd even heard of AOL. Since then I've met Sarah precisely once for a few hours, and I've never met Sara in person at all. That changes this July, at the Happiest Place on Earth. Huzzah!

Karen

6 comments:

barrettmanor said...

I was looking at taking the train from Dallas to LA. Travel time is about 48 hours (doesn't include layovers or moving aside for freight trains) and costs about as much as a plane ticket before fuel surcharges. Oh, and if I want guaranteed power for my laptop I'll need a room which is prohibitively expensive for me. It'll cost me less to fly in to LA a day early and get a room for an extra night so I can guarantee to be there on time. (Just try to get an on-time flight out of Dallas during spring storm season!)

I'd love to take the train. We traveled by rail through the UK years ago and enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Congradulations, I am really happy for you. I know you will have a wonderful trip.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Sara's happy to hear it!

Anonymous said...

Sarah is too.

Jama said...

Lucky you! I need to spend thousands of dollar to fly there....the last time I was there was around year 2000 for the second time. Must start saving again ....it's more than a9 hours flying time, btw..

Becky said...

Well...good! A very long overdue meeting, I would say. :-)