Friday, June 20, 2008

Weekend Assignment #221: What Are You Drinking?

Some of our recent "empties"

Summer is starting in Tucson, and in the Northern Hemisphere generally. As temperatures top 100 degrees here, John and I start going through beverages at an amazing rate. Which brings me to this week's Weekend Assignment question:

Weekend Assignment #221: What do you like to drink? Do you prefer Coke, or Pepsi, or neither? Do you start your days at Starbucks, or end your days with a nice cup of herbal tea? Are you a connoisseur of beer, or do you like to keep a pitcher of lemonade on hand? Do you carry a bottle of water around, and refill it as you go? Tell us about your favorites!

Extra Credit: Have you ever invented your own drink sensation?

I don't drink alcohol, I hate coffee, and I'm not a big fan of cola, although I'll sometimes drink the latter for the caffeine. Basically I go for diet sodas, as big a variety of them as possible. Who wants to be bored, drinking the same thing day after day, week after week?

Of course it doesn't hurt that the Kalil products were on sale the other day at Safeway: buy two cartons, get three free. "The Good Guys at Kalil" are the local bottlers of non-Pepsi, non-Coke soda options. So I bought two cartons of diet ginger ale, and one each of Diet Sunkist, Diet A&W and Diet 7Up. Yes, I should probably be drinking water instead, but these are much more interesting!

As for the extra credit, I've made a variety of soda and juice combinations over the years, routinely mix root beer into cola, and once tried adding black pepper to Diet Pepsi. The latter wasn't terribly good, but it wasn't awful, either.

So how about you? Tell us what you're drinking these days and why. Post it to your blog or journal, and don't forget to link from here to there and from there to here. I'll splash back through in a week with a cooler full of your delicious responses. Meanwhile, drink up, and have a great week!

Karen

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Karen... I think I'll do an entry on this topic, you know, to ease back into journal writing. I just don't know where to begin, and this seems to be as mild as a topic to start with as any. I can do this! thanks. BTW, I do love the new commenting procedure you have here. I know it's not new, but I remember how it was about a year or so ago, and I was having such a difficult time leaving comments. Not any more! Yeay for small conveniences! bea

Anonymous said...

BTW, here's the link to my response to the weekend assignment. Iced tea is my favorite, but there are other alternatives!

http://journals.aol.com/bgilmore725/Wanderer/entries/2008/06/20/weekend-assignment-221/2600

Jama said...

here's my response to the weekend challenge:

Sweet Memories
http://mummyjam.blogspot.com/2008/06/weekend-assignment-221-what-are-you.html

barrettmanor said...

Too much coffee, apparently, since I'm up at this hour. Yet, I haven't had any of the stuff since about 10:00 yesterday morning. Perhaps the mere thought of coffee is keeping me awake. ;-)

fdtate said...

I like sweet iced tea, but have some strong opinions about beverages. Here's my entry.

Florinda said...

I'm back this week, and drinks are on me! :-)

Kiva said...

I have tea'd off.

Kiva
Eclectic Granny
http://ecltecticgranny.blogspot.com

Mike said...

I'm thirsty now. Here's mine.

Anonymous said...

I am way last minute this time, but it's an improvement over last week, because I actually posted.