Monday, June 09, 2008

New Monday Shoot #24: Plastics!

Having gotten the Blue Screen of Death again earlier this evening, I was tempted to do a topic for the Monday Photo Shoot that incorporated that depressing image. Instead let's take our cue from a famous word of advice to Dustin Hoffman in the 1967 film The Graduate: "Plastics!"

New Monday Shoot #24: Show us something made of plastic. If it's unusual in some way, so much the better.


First off, everything visible to the left of my laptop at the moment is plastic, more or less. There may be some metal in my old glasses, but that's about it. Even the labels are plastic, I think.

A view through my old lens.


The dogs' water cup (for filling the water dish) dates back to the previous Hulk movie, which by the way I didn't like.



Can you guess what this is? Hint: it probably dates back to the 1960s, give or take a decade.


Open it up and it turns out to be a picnic set.

And in a way, I suppose, this is the modern equivalent: plastic dishes from Target, circa 2000.

Your turn! Photograph something made of plastic, post it to your blog, and include a link back here (please!). Then leave a link to your blog entry in the comments below. I'll be back in a week to showcase your responses. Have fun!

Karen

3 comments:

Carly said...

I played this week's photo shoot topic... come see at will...

http://ellipsissuddenlycarly.blogspot.com/2008/06/new-monday-photo-shoot-plastics.html

Jama said...

The plastics are already lined up......

http://mummyjam.blogspot.com/2008/06/new-monday-shoot-24-plastics.html

Kiva said...

Plastics are posted.
Kiva
The Eclectic Granny
http://eclecticgranny.blogspot.com