Monday, July 23, 2007

Done and Done!

Well, I've finished reading the last Harry Potter book, I've slept, and - ta-dah! - I've finished my edit of Heirs of Mâvarin. Actually I finished it twice, because Word froze up on me when I finished the first time and tried to save. I hope I recreated all my edits from that last hour! I even went back and worked on Chapter 12 some more, mostly for continuity reasons, but I also managed to cut some words here and there. Overall, though, the book isn't much shorter than when I started the edit, because of minor additions to the last chapter. Final count: words, 160,555, down from 160,744, on 537 pages, down from 540. Next step is to get it onto a memory stick so John can print it out for me, and then I'll send it off.

As for that other book that ate up my weekend, I'm reasonably pleased with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Given the increasing darkness and deaths over the last several books, and speculation over who would die in this one, I was pleasantly surprised at the ending. And that's all I'm going to say about that! But I'm thinking seriously about rereading the whole series now. Continuity junkie that I am, I appreciate the way Rowling has fit together elements from the previous books, and will appreciate that even more if I refresh my memory of them.

No photos tonight. Except for church and a quick Safeway run, I've been inside all day, and there's been no dramatic weather. (Come to think of it, I did take pictures on my way home from church, but I'll post them Monday night.) Besides, I can say that I got semi-adequate sleep this weekend if I go to bed soon. Good night!

Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am glad you were able to finish both and are happy with them. Best wishes on getting Heirs sent out and published.
Barbara