Saturday, January 20, 2007

Those Mountains Again

Yes, I took more pictures of the Santa Catalina Mountains today. This first one I've darkened quite a bit. Do you see why?

There's just a smidge of that ever-elusive Southern Arizona snow here again, and at the other end, over by Pusch Ridge, a rainbow. See it?

How about now?



I think I took this other shot from upstairs in Accounting. The rainbow was either gone or not visible from that angle. Still, I liked the cloud formation and the way the mountain looked. Too bad the flagpole is in the way.



So I edited it out.

I'm happy to say that I got eight hours of sleep last night. Even though it's 4 AM now (I've been watching Doctor Who on DVD, followed by a Diagnosis Murder / Matlock crossover, SG-1 and The Pretender), I fully intend to get at least eight or night hours tonight/today also, starting a few minutes from now. Unfortunately I need to spend a good chunk of the weekend at work. But first I will sleep!

And the point of my fried brain recipe, Paul, is that I worked very nearly an 11-hour day at the office on four hours of sleep. Yesterday, and again today, I barely touched Wikipedia. The sleep part is absolutely my fault, but that long stint at work is just how it is for me at this time of year. It's only going to get worse for the next month or two. Unfortunately, nights and weekends at Unnamed Largish Company is not something I'll be able to cut back on any time soon. In fact, it's just beginning.

Good night!

Karen

2 comments:

Chris said...

Those are some great photos, Karen. Taking pictures of faint rainbows (snowbows, I guess?) are so difficult in bright lighting. I bet you still see the magic in rainbows, like I do. It's a gift.

Have a great weekend!
Chris
My Blog

Bea said...

I have only ever been able to take one rainbow picture, and that was before I went digital. Yours is beautiful...I would love to capture such a shot on my camera. If being in the Vestry means having more responsibility, why would you even want that? Sounds like you have enough on your plate already... sleep shortage and all. Have a good week. bea