...here are updates on several subjects I've previously written about at length:
1. Krissy reminds us that there is yet another photo shoot meme, and it's been around for quite a while:
Hi! Just wanted to remind you about my photo shoot. It began in Oct. 2004 (it predates Scalzi's!). It has a new look and a new name. Here is the first challenge having the new logo:
The name of the new photo shoot has been shortened to The JLand Photo Shoot. The instructions are given in this entry:
I hope you will take a look at this photo shoot, as to my knowledge, it has been the one that has been around the longest in JLand. I have always invited other blogs from outside AOL to participate also.
I know there were some weeks that there was not a photo shoot, and that was due to the fact that I was taking care of my husband while he had cancer and a stem cell transplant. I also know that during some of that time, the photo shoot was run by one of my sisters.
Thanks for considering taking a look!
2. I'm on page 108 in my latest edit of Heirs of Mâvarin. So far I've worked on it every night this year. Really, though, it's only Chapter One that's problematic. Why is that? Yes, I know that it's the one that carries the onus of hooking the reader (especially the all-important "First Reader") and setting up the story. But really, after 1,048 drafts, it should be under control. No, that's not by actual count. But I've done an awful lot of work on that chapter since 1974(!), probably as much as on the entire rest of the book. Yet the rest of the book is in good shape, while the first chapter, the one I start with every time I tackle an edit or rewrite, is constantly shredded by my Inner Weasel's claws.
3. The stress I went through learning my new job has abated considerably as I've started to catch on to what I'm doing. Nevertheless I'm stressed out again. Why? It's year-end, and I'm an accountant. In past jobs this was the season in which I worked a lot of nights and weekends, and still had trouble meeting deadlines. I'm told that at Famous Vehicle Dealer, where I work now, no one is allow to work late into the night, let alone encouraged to do so. I seem to be more or less keeping pace wit the office at the moment, and expect a much shorter year-end ordeal than I'm used to. I want to celebrate this with a trip to Gallifrey One next month. I'm still working on John to come with me, though. I hope I'm not too late to get a room!
4. We haven't heard back from the vet since Tuffy's recent blood tests, which means she's doing well (she said they would only call if the results showed a problem). She's currently getting prednisone roughly every other night for discomfort and to maintain her much-increased appetite. I say "roughly" because it's hard to keep track. And since we're suppose to take her off the stuff gradually, at some point I'll probably let it slide into every third day.
5. Believe it or not, I am still capable of taking a photo that doesn't have a sunset in it. Who can tell me what this is?
I'm keeping this short tonight for sleep deprivation reasons. Good night!