Saturday, March 25, 2006

An Excuse, an Update, Congratulations and a Reminder

Despite the four subjects mentioned in the title, this entry will be shorter than usual. I'm in the middle of reading a book, and watching a movie; and I want to get back to both. I want to finish the book so that I can concentrate on reading the end of another book, all fourteen single-spaced pages up it. Yep, my friend Sara finished the first draft of her novel on Monday, hours before her self-imposed deadline. Way to go, Sara!

(This concludes the congratulatons part of this entry.)

Okay, the update. An old friend of mine emailed today, asking what happened with my latest doctor's appointment yesterday. I looked up who belonged to the only-vaguely-familiar email address before answering. It's okay, though. I'm reasonably sure he's who he says he is. (Long story. Not telling it.) So I told him, and it occured to me that I shouldn't keep you folks hanging, either.

Bottom line: Dr. L. is pretty sure the edema is from obesity. I'm pretty sure that my falling in the street the evening we took care of lost doggie Snow made things much worse. But that's over now, except for a weird little bump where the knot of extra swelling was.

Anyway, Dr. L. gave me a prescription for a stronger diurectic, which I'll fill tomorrow, along with one for some special potassium and one for an inhaler for my occasional asthma. She recommended Weight Watchers or South Beach. I have issues with Weight Watcher, so South Beach it will be. And she ordered more blood work, this time checking my electrolytes. I didn't press her for any further alternatives. Really, there's no evidence of any other conditions friends and/or my imagination have suggested as possibilities.

I remembered today that I should have done a full-fledged promo for the latest Round Robin Photo Challenge a couple of days ago. I'm not going to do one tonight, either, but I will mention it again. You know what it is, right? The topic is "Obstruction." You can take that literally or figuratively. I seem to keep using up all my obstructed photos just promoting this, so I have no idea what I'll use when the day of the challenge comes. What day is that, you ask? Well, the posting date of the RRPC is always a Wednesday. In this case it's Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, any time between midnight and midnight. See the Round Robin blog for details and to RSVP.

Movie's over. Back to the book!

Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

ShellyS said...

Another possibility, if you have it where you are is Overeaters Anonymous. A friend of mine is doing that and she went, over the past year, from over 200 lbs to 129 lbs.

Anyway, good luck with improving your health. :)

DesLily said...

I hope you find whatever you need to help you get healthier again.

.. how dare you show a book with a title like Wizards Holiday and not at least tell us if it is good or not! lol..