Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Peek-a-Boo Day

It's been an odd day. Sunday night I was up until 3:30 AM or 4 AM, and lay awake when I did get to bed. This is not good when I have to get up by 7:30, to be at work at 8 AM! I felt so bad at work that I actually went home sick, something I try never to do unless I have an actual disease. Went to bed at 9:30 AM, got up at 1:30 PM. I thought about going back to work at that point, but I had a headache, a neckache and a sore throat, so I blogged a little and watched a bunch of episodes of Strange Luck with John, who didn't have to work today (long story).

Blogger got hung up saving my template at one point this afternoon, came up again long enough to save my Photo Shoot entry, and went down again for a couple of hours. This is the first time I've seen that happen in a year or so. Remember, I've had Messages from Mâvarin and the two church blogs on Blogspot for quite some time now. Maybe we're overloading the servers with our AOL Exodus!

Since I couldn't do anything with Blogger, I changed the header in Musings to state outright that it will be shut down in January. (I figure that's how long it will take to transfer everything.) Then got some work done on Heirs for a change. At 8:30 I went back to bed, slept for four more hours, and here I am. I do feel better, but I won't push my luck staying up until 4 again.

The sidebar here now has a section called "J-Bloggers," with all the links Judi had for former AOL Journalers as of last night. That probably means I'm already about 10 links behind, but you get the idea. Personally, I'm not going to try to read 160 blogs, plus AOL, but they're here as a public service, to help people reconnect with each other, and find new blogs to read as well. I know I'm reading some now that I hardly glanced at, or never even saw, before the VIVI nominations and subsequent events.

Enough. I won't put a picture in this entry, because there are five in the previous one and this blog takes forever to load on dial-up. I'm not going to try to finish transferring April 2004 tonight - that was my main mistake last night. I do have to get the church schedule page updated. Then I'll finish the final edit of Heirs Chapter 3 and go to bed. Maybe this time I'll get right to sleep - I hope!

Karen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen,

This is an invite to blogladder.com. Blog Ladder is a community blogging site that is set up like a forum.

Best

Carly said...

Hey Karen

Hope you are feeling better. I began some archiving today, had to stop for a while...too much sometimes. Hang in there.

Always, Carly

Judith HeartSong said...

feel better...... this communtiy is starting to heal too:):):)