Extra Credit: How did you do on your resolutions for 2005?
For some reason, the beginning of the Girl Scout (Boy Scout?) oath comes to mind. I have a few resolutions this year. Actually, I have five of them:
- The perennial one, of course, is to lose weight. I really need to do that this year, and I need to get back on track with the exercise as well. But that's a boring and depressing subject, so let's move on.
- I will update my query and cover letters, and keep submitting Heirs of Mâvarin to publishers and agents until I sell it. If I run out of prospects, I'll prepare a Plan B.
- I will get Mages of Mâvarin revised, edited, and proofread, so I can sell that, too.
- Once 2 and 3 are done, I'll start studying for the CPA exam, unless there's a good reason not to do it.
- I will get more sleep.
Extra Credit: As for last year, I had no formal resolutions, but I did have goals.
- I wanted to lose weight. I gained it.
- I wanted to finish my degree at University of Phoenix with an A in the last course - I did. The transcript that arrived on 12/23/05 says that I graduated with honors in 2/05, which was the month my last class ended. I'm hoping that the arrival of this unordered transcript means that my long-delayed diploma will finally arrive soon. (First I failed to file a form, and then they lost a different form.)
- I wanted to study for and pass the CPA exam. I think I studied for about one evening in March before getting sidetracked.
- I wanted to get Heirs edited and sent out. I'm on page 261, and the year's not over yet.
- I wanted to finish writing Mages. I sort of have, but it still needs a lot of work.
- I wanted to get a job in my field, that paid more money than I was making. Bullseye.
- I wanted to get more sleep. Ha, ha. It is to laugh.
P.S. I got a phone call just now on my Sprint phone, an automated survey on my most recent visit to the Sprint Store. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being "extremely dissatisfied," I gave out a couple of 1 scores, and 2 and 3 for most of the other questions. I got to leave a voice explanation as well, and gave permission to link my responses to my specific account. Maybe somebody somewhere will notice that all was not well in Sprintland yesterday. - KFB