Friday, September 12, 2008

Weekend Assignment Results: Good Drivers?


Last week for Weekend Assignment #232, I asked whether (as most people do), you consider yourself a an above average driver. Here's what people had to say:

Karen

Laura said...

Well, I passed the Washington, DC written test on my first try but then failed the driving test twice in a row. I blame this in large part on my Dad's Dodge Ram, which was really old and the power steering and power brakes kept failing. Let me tell you, this does not increase one's confidence as a new driver. (She goes on to tells us of a few accidents and near-accidents, not all of them with her at the wheel.)


Tall Paul (welcome to the Weekend Assignments!) said...

On the morning of my 16th birthday, I was at the DMV when they opened to take my driving test. Yes, I passed the first time (Bing! Extra Credit!) with a score of 97 with 3 points off for the angle on my 3-point turn was not perfectly perpendicular to the road. Geez! I think it was about 10 degrees off. Oh well...

In the first year of having my license, foolishness, stupidity, and a 16-year olds' attention span, lead to two accidents. That was then. Now, I do consider myself an above average driver.


Florinda said...

I have been a licensed driver in Florida, New York, Tennessee, and California, and since I do well on the written exams, I have never had to take another road test. But what I don't do so well on is the eye test. My vision is not able to be corrected to 20/20, but it usually meets the minimum requirement for driving. However, most of the time I've gone in to get a license - usually after moving - the vision test at the DMV hasn't given that result, so I've had to see an eye doctor and bring back a form certifying that my vision is good enough for driving. (This is how I've met most of my eye doctors.)

Mike said...

I think my driving skills are just fine. I have only had one ticket in my driving career, so that has to mean something. That was a bogus ticket, too. I was driving to school, I was late, I wasn't going that fast and I was in the middle of nowhere. It was truly a case of the police officer having nothing else to do, and knowing that I wouldn't come to the little town to fight it. No, I'm not bitter at all.


No comments: