Sunday, September 07, 2008

EMPS: Tuffy and the Garden Hose


For this week's Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot, Carly requests the following:

EMPS #2: Water In Motion.
For this assignment, any type of moving water will be perfect. Let your imagination out to play. Photograph a waterfall, a fountain, the ocean moving in and out, raindrops landing in a bucket, a lawn sprinkler watering the yard, water being poured into a glass, even water running under a tap will do nicely. You get the idea, WATER IN MOTION.


Tuffy's Last Water Game
Obviously these photos aren't brand new; I shot them in May. It was the last time I ever saw Tuffy playing the game of trying to catch moving water from a garden hose. I posted the relatively uncropped pictures before, except for the last one, but when I saw the series on Picasa earlier today I was tempted to do something more with them. As it happens, Carly gave me the perfect excuse to do so! I didn't crop the last shot as much as the others because I thought it might be nice to finish the sequence with a little visual context.


This other shot is from a monsoon rain storm on August 26th. I think the monsoon is over now, but it's difficult to be sure.

And just an update:

I picked these up today, and dropped off a page of Tuffy "LOLdogs" for the doggie oncologists' pet memorial bulletin boards.

That's it for me for tonight! Sorry to end on such a downer. Be sure to stop by Ellipsis and play along with the Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot!

Karen

2 comments:

Carly said...

:( Makes me sad. I miss Tuffy. It was fun to see her enjoying the water last May. Dogs always seem so intrigued by it. :(

Carly

Laura said...

not so much a downer, really. it was so good to share again good memories you have with tuffy. thank you for sharing this with us too.