Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Cloudy


Here's my car again, dark under cloudy. pre-sunset sky. I had to park "beyond the berm" again this morning, and when I left at 6:30 PM there were still quite a few cars in the lot. I've been taking my comp time from year end at the rate of a few hours a week, and I'm beginning to think it's a tactical mistake. I've also lost time because of the car, and being sick the other day.

I'm just a little bummed out right now.

No more of that. Never mind.

I'm coming down the home stretch on Old Man's War, and I've come to the conclusion that I have to buy the remaining John Scalzi fiction titles I don't have, if I can even still get the obscure ones. Well,I may still skip The Android's Dream, cool cover and all. We'll see. But I definitely need The Ghost Brigades, and The Sagan Diary, and Agent to the Stars.

Meanwhile, I'm in the part of the book that kept me away for a year and a half: the part with the actual fighting in it. The brutal, morally complex battles John Perry gets involved in are a little tough for me to take - but interesting, chock full of ideas to chew on.

A few other updates I forgot to mention:
  • Last night I spent several hours updating the church web site at http://smallangelstucson.org. It still needs work, but at least it's no longer listing events for Holy Week 2007.
  • I've also updated the fiction blog. I've gotten the Jor and Fayubi scene all the way up to the cliffhanger. Basically, King Jor has had what he thinks is a good idea for handling the succession to his throne, but he hasn't told me what it is yet. My current plan is to throw ideas at him until he breaks down and tells me what he has in mind - or at least picks one of my scenarios. Not that it's that straightforward, of course. Like all of my Mâvarin characters, he's never heard of me.
Gotta go to bed now. I want to do a good job at work tomorrow, and that requires sleep.

Karen

No comments: