Sunday, February 12, 2006

Briefly


I'm keeping it short tonight, because I worked about 12 hours today it it's well after 2 AM now. Tomorrow I expect to do more of the same - after church, of course.

I thought I was done with the office for today, not because I was caught up with my work, but because 10+ hours seemed like it would probably have to be good enough for one day. That was over an hour after John called to say, "You can come home now." I had wanted to come home earlier, temporarily, because my iPod was in severe need of recharging. But John talked me into staying to keep working. That was around 4 or 5 PM. I actually went home around 10:30 PM.

But once I came home, cooked a healthy dinner, and posted a rather long installment of Heirs of Mâvarin over on Messages, I discovered that I'd left the iPod at work. I told John I was going back for it. Then, as long as I was there, I thought I'd wrestle with my spreadsheet some more. I whittled it down by another 150 lines or so. When the security guard came by on his 2 AM round, I decided it was time to leave.

Ah, the glamorous life of an accountant in February! And at least one other accountant type was still working when I left. She regaled me with stories of her late night encounters with security guards. An AC/DC singalong figured into one of the stories. Heh, heh heh. I like that particular coworker a lot.

No news on Steve today. Many thanks for your comments and prayers, folks. It is much appreciated. Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a good time to run out of pages. Wondered where you were last night. You should get an email by tomorrow. Only three scenes, then it will probably be a while.

Georganna Hancock M.S. said...

Sorry to read about your brother, as I just did (Sunday afternoon for me). I don't have any sibs, but I think if I did, I would cherish them more and more as we age. *sad smiles*