Monday, December 24, 2007

Slouching Toward Midnight Mass


Time is rushing forward, and I can't keep up. But I have gotten a few things done:

I bought the rest of my offline gifts for people not named John. They were all flat pieces of plastic with the words Barnes and Noble on them.

I finally wrote my letter to the friend who dumped me by mail two weeks ago. Be proud of me: I kept it under a page. Be ashamed of me: I stuck it inside a Christmas card with one of those B&N cards, taped it to his door and walked away without so much as ringing the doorbell.

John and I bought the rest of what we needed for Christmas dinner. It took two stores to finish the job.




I emailed my godson's mother, asking whether she received my shower gift from Amazon a month ago, and advising her to check her spam filter for it. I also explained that his birthday present (above) hasn't been mailed yet. Then I did an Amazon e-card and gift for his Christmas.


I made this Christmas graphic, which is probably as close as you're going to get to a Christmas card from me.


I got out the vintage aluminum Christmas tree and its ornaments, but I won't be putting the tree up tonight as planned. It's far too late, and I work in the morning.

Karen

3 comments:

MyMaracas said...

And I thought I was cutting it close. LOL

Karen, I love your entries. And an aluminum tree??! We had one of those when I was a little kid! We also had some kind of rotating light that shone on it, that made it change colors. We loved that thing. It was downright hypnotic.

I hope you have a merry Christmas!
Vicki

DesLily said...

merry, merry, merry, merry christmas Karen!!!

Carly said...

Merry Christmas Karen :)

Love, Carly