Thursday, July 17, 2008

Weekend Assignment #225: Rut Breakers!

Another week, another photo for Feline & Furball Friday!

Okay, this one is more participatory than most Weekend Assignments. I'm not just asking you to write something; I'm asking you do do something. Are you up to the challenge?

Weekend Assignment #225: What are you going to do this weekend (or on your next day off) that's different from what you usually do? Make plans to break out of your usual routine, and tell us what they are.

Extra Credit: What else would you do that day, if you had the time and the money?

I think I've covered the rut-breaker concept before, but not quite this way. This time I hope you'll really do something fun and interesting (or at least productive) that you normally wouldn't get around to doing, sometime in the next seven days from when you write your entry.

Here's mine:


John and I have been watching episodes of The Dog Whisperer on DVD, and it occurs to me that we really haven't worked very hard at instilling discipline and proper socialization in Pepper. John is interested in taking her to the dog park, and I think that's a good idea. So that's the plan: Saturday in the Park with Pepper. I'll let you know how it goes. With any luck, it will be just one step in a decent attempt to train our newest Trouble Dog.

Oh, and by the way, there's no news on Tuffy. The vet has not called back with test results. Unless it was on the house phone...I should check! (No, she didn't call the house, either.) As you can see, the antibiotics and steroids have not reduced the swelling on her neck.


Your turn! Plan an out-of-the-routine activity for your next day off. Write about it in your blog or journal, include a link back here, and leave a link to your entry in the comments below. I'll be back in a week to share your rut-breakers with everyone else, in the hope that you'll all follow through and do them!

Karen

4 comments:

Kiva said...

I have broken out of my rut. I actually posted my answer the Saturday after the assignment was posted! Don't get your hopes up that I'll be this prompt again.
Kiva
The Eclectic Granny
http://eclecticgranny.blogspot.com

Mike said...

I wasn't sure I'd be able to follow the rules for the assignment this time. I think I'm doing it. Read about the excitement here.

Florinda said...

One way of breaking out of my rut was posting one Wednesday instead of Monday :-). You can't spell "routine" without "r-u-t".

Anonymous said...

Library school and Disneyland are conspiring to make me miss yet another weekend assignment, but I'll say here that on Saturday night, on the spur of the moment, I left the apartment at half past midnight to go to a karaoke bar with an engineer friend who was sick of being at the office. Going to a karaoke bar isn't at all out of the ordinary for me - it's commencing a night out after midnight that almost never happens.