Pele, the Volcano Tiki Goddess. Note the volcano.
Here's why I'm still up (but not for long).
Points to remember for next year's Halloween preparations:
1. Nothing I'm looking for will be available at any stores whatsoever within a week of Halloween.
2. Even with lots of lead time, I will never achieve the full effect I'm going for, because I won't find all the materials and won't be able to construct things adequately.
3. Nevertheless I can do something interesting, on a more modest scale.
4. It's perfectly possible to lose an Exacto knife for half an hour in the middle of a project.
5. Ditto a package of paint pens.
6. The kids will probably forgive me if I hand out loose treats for the first half hour until I can get some bags assembled.
7. Small toys are a choking hazard. Better give the toddlers candy only.
See you tomorrow night (late!)